Attendance is limited to 56 formal tasters. You are encouraged to register early, as registration will close when the number reachs 56. Representatives from both the winery and the vineyard are welcome participants: winemakers, enologists, vineyard managers, viticulturists, winery principals.
Note: Please plan to attend the entire Conference, Sunday afternoon through Wednesday lunch.
Eight delectable meals, from dinner Sunday through brunch Wednesday are included for each registered adult and child. You can anticipate a truly unforgettable spread from the Steamboat Inn staff. Please notify the Inn in advance if anyone in your party has a food allergy.
Children and Families
Family members, including children, are welcomed and encouraged at the Conference. All meals are communal and families are included in the Lawn tastings. During the day families are responsible for their children's care and activity. With advance notice, Steamboat Inn may provide contact information for babysitters in the local area.
Please plan to arrive on Sunday, July 19, no later than 3:00-4:30pm. The Steamboat staff and event coordinators will give you directions for storing your wine for tastings and dinners. Allow yourself sufficient time to get settled in to your accomodations and to orient yourself to the beautiful setting around the Inn. The first tasting begins promptly at 4:30 p.m. in the Steamboat Inn Library
- Conference Fee per winery/vineyard participant $500 (inclusive of lab analyses)
- Meals $400 per person (participants and accompanying family members)
- Lodging at Steamboat Inn $400 per person
- Accompanying Children $120 (lodging and meals)
*The Conference fee is paid at the time of registration. Fees for meals and lodging are paid to the Steamboat Inn at the conclusion of the Conference.
**Several Campgrounds are nearby (1 to 10 miles) to the Steamboat Inn. You are welcome to camp. Some campgrounds allow reservations and some do not. More info can be found here... https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/umpqua/recreation/camping-cabins/recarea/?recid=63384&actid=29
At the time of registration, Conference fees of $500 per winery/vineyard attendee (formal tasters only, not accompanying family members) will be charged. If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend the conference, you are welcomed and encouraged to arrange for another winery to fill your seat(s), but it is your responsibility to do so. Please contact the Conference Coordinator for more information.
WINE TO BRING (or ship ahead)
- x3 bottles of one (unfinished) Pinot Noir, 2019 vintage for the "Technical tasting". [Southern Hemisphere producers may bring a wine from either the 2019 or 2020 vintages]
- x3 bottles of a 2016 Pinot Noir for a "Retrospective tasting". This should be a wine produced by your winery or coming from the vineyard that you farm.
- x3 bottles of an "Inspired Pinot noir", any vintage, any terroir; something especially compelling and inspiring, or representative of a style or technique that you are interested in. And bring some knowledge about the wine. This wine should not be a wine that you produced.
- Optional: If you have an experiment or trial to share, bring x2 bottles of each Pinot Noir in your experiment / trial. You will have an opportunity to showcase the trial during the happy hour lawn tasting in the evening. If you have questions, talk to the event coordinators.
- Any additional wines you want to share before or during dinner. Refreshing whites, rose and bubbly for happy hour lawn tasting. Pinots or other varietals for dinner. Anything goes! [The Steamboat staff loves wine, and it is an appreciated gratuity]
If it is more convenient to ship your wines directly to the Inn, you may do so, but please be sure to clearly label your wines, especially if you are sending shiners.
Ship To address:
Steamboat Inn, 42705 N. Umpqua Hwy, Idleyld Park OREGON 97447, Tel. (541) 498-2230, email: email@example.com
*Please send the Inn an email to give them advance notice of the shipment