Participating wineries are allowed to register up to two formal tasters and one wine for formal tasting. Attendance is limited to 56 formal tasters and/or 36 total wines for formal tasting. You are encouraged to register early, as registration will close when either of these numbers is reached. Winemakers, enologists, vineyard managers, viticulturists and winery principals are all welcome participants.
Note: Please plan to attend the entire Conference, Friday evening through Monday early afternoon.
Nine delectable meals, from dinner Sunday through lunch Wednesday are included for each registered adult and child. You can anticipate a truly unforgettable spread from the Steamboat Inn staff. Please notify the Inn in advance if anyone in your party has a food allergy.
Children and Families
Family members, including children, are welcomed and encouraged at the Conference. All meals are communal and families are included in the Lawn tastings. During the day families are responsible for their children's care and activity. With advance notice, Steamboat Inn may provide contact information for babysitters in the local area.
Please plan to arrive on Friday, July 6, around 3:00 p.m., which is check in time. The Steamboat staff and event coordinators will give you directions for storing your wine for tastings and dinners. Please allow plenty of time to bring your wine to the proper areas before getting unpacked and settled in. The Panorama tasting begins promptly at 5:00 p.m. in the Steamboat Inn Library
- Formal tasters... $1,295
- Accompanying family members... $795/Adult ... $120/Child
*All-inclusive of meals, 3 nights lodging, gratuities, lab analysis and tasting fee
At the time of registration, a non-refundable deposit of $500 per winery attendee (formal tasters only, not accompanying family members) will be charged. If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend the conference, you are welcomed and encouraged to arrange for another winery to fill your seat(s), but it is your responsibility to do so. Please contact the Conference Coordinator for more information.
WINE TO BRING (or ship ahead)
- x3 bottles of one unfinished Pinot Noir (2017 vintage for Northern Hemisphere and either the 2017 or 2018 for Southern Hemisphere producers)
- x3 bottles 2014 Pinot Noir for the vintage Retrospective tasting
- Optional: If you have an experiment to share, bring x2 bottles of each Pinot Noir in your project/experiment. Current or past vintages are acceptable
- Any additional wines you want to share at informal tastings and dinners, including older Pinots for the Tuesday dinner. Remember, the Steamboat staff loves wine, and it is an appreciated gratuity
If you wish, you may ship wines directly to the Steamboat Inn...
Ship to Address:
Steamboat Inn, 42705 N. Umpqua Hwy, Idleyld Park OREGON 97447, USA
Please label the box with the words, "Steamboat Pinot Noir Conference", along with your winery name and contact info